Bakwan Udang recipe



In Surabaya, the meal is known as OTE OTE (meaning "naked" in English) - do not ask me why, while in other cities, they called Bakwan Udang (shrimp dumplings). I do not know how behind this meal comes from. But in my home town is a popular snack, and easy to find. I can buy some food stall selling different kinds of snacks. Here, as usual ... I must do it by myself. Fortunately it is easy to do and not really take much time.

Ingredients

- 100 g bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced ​​
- a piece of celery, chopped
- 50 g small shrimp, cleaned and washed
- 50 g plain flour paste spices
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic

- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- a mixture of 1 / 2 block seasoning (1 / 2 bag Royco / Knorr)

How to

1. Grind or blend the spice paste.
2. Mix all ingredients. Then add 2 or 3 tablespoons water to mixture. If mixture is too runny, add more flour.
3. Heat oil in a wok deep. Take a small spoon and deep heat in hot oil. When it is hot enough, take it out and put 2 tablespoons of the mixture and add the shrimp on top. Take the pan. After some time, remove the mixture from the bag and continue frying until it turns brown.